On 7/29/15 we were suspended for Policy Violations and received the following performance notification from Amazon about our suspension.
Amazon Suspension Performance Notification
We have removed your Amazon selling privileges because of buyer complaints about the items they received from you. Please see below for some examples of the listings we have received complaints about:
Complaint Type: Item Not As Advertised
Complaint Type: Incomplete Item
To maintain a trusted marketplace for buyers and sellers, we take immediate action when we identify a buyer complaint regarding the condition and authenticity of products. You can view previous emails about buyer complaints on the Performance Notifications section of Seller Central (https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/customer-experience/perf-notifications.html/).
What you can do
If you would like your selling privileges reinstated, respond to this message and let us know. When you respond, include a plan of action that contains the following:
1. Description of the issues that caused the complaints.
2. Explanation of the steps you have taken to resolve the issues and ensure that similar complaints won’t happen again.
3. Any additional details you would like us to know.
To find more information on how to submit your plan of action, search “Appeal the Removal of Selling Privileges” in Seller Central Help.
Still have questions? You can ask our Seller Support team: Contact us (https://sellercentral.amazon.com/hz/contact-us/performance).
What happens next
We’ll review the information you send and get back to you with an answer within 2 business days. When we respond, we may ask you for additional details or to revise your plan of action. If your plan of action sufficiently addresses the complaints, we will consider reinstating your selling privileges.
While your account is restricted, we will place a reserve on your funds. Any amounts paid for A-to-z Guarantee claims and chargebacks on your orders may be deducted from the funds in your account. If you have questions about these funds, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please understand that if you are unable to submit a sufficient plan of action within 17 days, we may remove your listings and continue the reserve on your funds.
Sellers should understand our policies regarding product condition and descriptions. To learn more, search “Prohibited Seller Activities and Actions”, “Product Detail Page Rules”, and “Condition Guidelines” in Seller Central Help.
We appreciate your cooperation.
Seller Performance Team
On 8/4/15 we submitted our appeal letter to Amazon Seller Performance Team. Here is the letter we submitted.
Appeal Letter to Amazon Seller Performance Team
Dear Amazon.com Seller Performance Team,
We recognize and understand the mistakes we made to bring us to this point.
These are our mistakes
1. Listing products that do not match the detail page 100%.
2. Failure to include appropriate quantities for product we listed against, as described on the detail page.
3. Failure fulfill products that match the detail page’s specification including but not limited to height, length, width, weight, color, material, brand, unique product identifier, functionality and authenticity of the product.
4. Improperly identify products we created listings for. Example: We didn’t provide full explanation that our products are the material we actually stated them; sometimes lacking any claim to material integrity at all.
5. Failure to comply with Amazon.com image and description compliance. Example: Our main images do not have white backgrounds with only the product in the image. Our descriptions were not full enough to provide the customer with full information to make a confident purchase on Amazon.com. This results in unsatisfied customer upon receipt of the item.
Steps we have taken and will continue to take:
1. We have removed all listings that are not within Amazon.com policy. We will not relist until a full analysis of all ASINs. Only when the product matches the ASIN 100% will we then list the product for sale. There will be a two person review of appropriate item being packaged for delivery in an Excel type checklists that the fulfillment team can log, record, and track. If the product does not match the product detail page 100% we will delete product form our account.
2. We have gone through all our warehouse inventory and have taken out all items that show any signs of damage or defectiveness. This has ensured all products are ‘new’ as described on the detail page.
3. We have re-written the description and bullet points to improve accuracy of the item’s presentation to Amazon.com standards.
4. We have re-written all weights, dimensions and quantity per order.
5. We have re-photographed all items that are not displaying the product accurate enough.
Please let us know what should be done to reinstate our account, we are looking forward to hearing from you.
Dear Seller Performance Team,
Our account was suspended 7/29/15. We sent in our appeal letter on 8/4/15. We have not received a response from seller performance team. Can you please give us a update of our appeal?
Thank you for your time.
Reinstatement letter from Amazon Seller Performance Team
After reviewing your account and the information you have provided, we have decided to reinstate your selling privileges.
For performance improvement tips, search on “Seller Best Practices” in seller Help. Please note that if your performance does not improve, your selling privileges may be removed.
Welcome back to selling on Amazon.com; we wish you the best of luck.
2nd Suspension Letter
Upon further review, we have canceled your listings and extended the temporary hold on any funds in your seller account. Any new selling accounts you open will be closed.
We took this action because you have not provided us with a viable plan of action.
We encourage you to take appropriate steps to resolve any pending orders. Note that any amounts paid as a result of A-to-z Guarantee claims and chargebacks may be deducted from your seller account.
After 90 days, the hold will be removed and any remaining funds will be available per your settlement schedule. In addition, balance and settlement information will be available in the Payments section of your seller account. If you have questions about these funds, please write to email@example.com.
If you would like to appeal this decision, please visit the Notifications page in the Performance section of your account, find this message in the list of notifications, and click the Appeal button (https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/customer-experience/perf-notifications.html). For information on creating an appeal, search on “Appeal the Removal of Selling Privileges” in seller Help.
Seller Performance Team